Many villages have a village meeting place which sits at the heart of the village community, and Belchford is no exception.
The first Parish Room was opened in about 1885, situated on Dams Lane. Administrated by the church it provided a place for villagers to hold meetings and social gatherings. Unfortunately this facility fell into disrepair, and so was demolished in 1970. Following the great loss of the venue a Village Hall Committee was formed, in 1977, with a view to provide the village with a new Village Hall.
The committee were soon able to acquire the lease on a piece of land in the centre of the Belchford, and shortly afterwards were able to purchase Branson’s old Village Hall, an ex-army hut. This new village Hall was opened in 1978, and has been sustained and improved over the years through the hard work of its committee, grants and revenue from lettings.
The Village Hall still sits at the heart of the village, used as a base for many local groups, including; Brownies, Mothers and Toddlers, Bowls Club, Council, Belchford Ahead, Dance Club and even the Local Doctor. It also provides a terrific venue for a variety of different events, including; Parties, Receptions, Meetings, Training and Conference Events.